Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Story Behind The Blog Name

It's partly inspired by an incedent that happened between the Sports Editor and the baseball coach. The Sports Editor was covering a baseball game and wanted to go inside the dugout, to hear the baseball team's gameplan and hear them cheer on their fellow players, I guess. She had done this with the softball team and their coaches had no problem with it. However, when she asked the baseball coach if she could sit in with the baseball team, the coach gave her this stone-cold look as if to say "What kind of question is that?".

I also thought about the sporting events I've covered and how there are no press boxes at any of the stadiums. Whenever I've had to cover a sports story, I would just find a spot in the bleachers, place my notepad on my lap and take notes there. Some of those bleachers can be uncomfortable after sitting in them for anywhere from an hour to three.

I considered this blog my press box, where I post thoughts about athletics in my own time and be comfortable. I just thought I'd let you all know, in case you were inquiring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home