Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Plenty Of Basketball To Go Around.....

If I hadn't have flipped to ESPN 2 during a timeout of the Suns-Mavericks game last night, I never would have known that the WNBA started its season already.

I also wouldn't have known that Chicago has an expansion franchise named the Sky. They played the L.A. Sparks last night and lost by 11.

Basketball is my favorite sport to play and watch. I like to watch basketball at all levels (college,pro,high school,etc.)

However, I'm not the biggest fan of the WNBA, or of women's basketball in general.

Not because I'm a sexist pig, but women's basketball isn't as exciting as the men's game is, to me at least.

There are too many low scoring games; not because of good defense, but because some of those women just can't shoot!! The final score of the Sparks-Sky game was 64-55....that's a third quarter score in an NBA game, or even a halftime score if the Suns are playing! I don't think I've ever seen a WNBA game where a team reached 100.

This season marks the 10th year anniversary of the WNBA. I was visiting the official site for the league and was looking at some interesting facts over its history. I noticed how many teams had come and gone over it's years. Some moved to other cities (like the Orlando Miracle moving to Conneticuit and becoming the Sun,etc.).

With the NBA season wrapping up, I'll be paying more attention to the women over the summer. While there may be some good games and be exciting in its own right, nothing beats the NBA.

Go Pistons and Mavs!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home